Life has changed and how. The New normal is not normal at all. Most days begin like a marathon trying to finish chores, work and kids school work. Weeks have gone by in a blur. There is so much going on and yet most things are not happening. Some days are good and on some days one feels like one is drowning under all the pressure. The pressure is to stay afloat. To maintain normalcy and sanity.
While some find solace in domestic lives, some found temporary fulfillment in creative pursuits. Do you feel you can’t keep up? Or simply don’t want to! Here is a reminder to say its okay whatever you choose. Do you wonder how some people are doing so well and some like you are just trying to keep up?
Here is a lifeboat to help you survive-
- Take a step back and breathe-When you panic you drown. Breathe.
- Time for some self awareness-You know your limits. You don’t have to do what others are doing.
- Don’t set unrealistic expectations for yourself
- Don’t overthink
- Don’t worry about the future. Take each day as it comes.
- Find joy around you
- Ask for help
- It’s okay to fail- you burnt the dinner, the cake fell flat, your child did not participate in the online competition…
- Don’t burn out and take a break
We often don’t realize that we are hard on ourselves. We are so busy taking care of everyone that we fail to notice that we need it too. Take a step back from things that overwhelm you. Scroll away and delete the things that make you feel you are not doing enough.
Pick your battles wisely. Your time will come.